Dedicated to fairness and equal justice. In a few words, that describes Judge Eugenia “Genie” Wright.
Judge Genie Wright is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Law, and holds Bachelors and Masters degrees in Education from the University of Georgia. Before becoming a judge, she practiced family and criminal law. She is licensed to practice law in two states. Judge Wright is bilingual, a tremendous asset in interacting with our multicultural community. County Court #7 handles violence cases dealing with all domestic relationships. Since taking the bench in 2011, Judge Wright has:
- Reduced pending cases by more than half;
- Reduced the resolution of cases from an average of three years to less than one year;
- Saved taxpayers millions of dollars by reducing the number of inmates in the Bexar County jail by personally presiding over jail court and closely monitoring the court’s jail population;
- Worked closely with our probation department to monitor defendants on probation or deferred adjudication, resulting in a greater success rate for those on probation, increased monitoring of probationers and more rapid revocation for those not in compliance;
- Worked with family violence class providers to ensure compliance in registering and maintaining attendance.
Judge Wright is a member of the San Antonio Bar and the Texas Bar. She is active in a long list of other civic and non-profit organizations.